Are you in?
Follow SB 232, “Veterinary Spay-Neuter” bill on its path to victory for Ohio cats, dogs, & the people that love them!
1. SB 232 started with the idea of reducing the number of healthy and adoptable, shelter pets.
2. Senator Cecil Thomas (D), humane legislator, agreed to sponsor this bill.
3. DanaMarie Pannella, Esq., experienced, compassionate attorney, wrote SB 232.
4. Senator Thomas asked the other senators if they would like to co-sponsor his bill. Senators Schiavoni (D), Yuko (D), and Tavares (D) are now co-sponsors.
5. On November 14, 2017 the “Veterinary Spay-Neuter” bill was assigned a number, SB 232.
https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/legislation/legislation-summary?id=GA132-SB-232 (Read the bill here.)
6. On November 15, 2017, the bill was assigned to the Senate Agriculture Committee.
7. This is where YOU come in. YOUR CALLS PUSH SB 232 forward in the process.
It’s always best to change the script a bit so that your message sounds fresh. You might comment with an original phrase about your feelings.You might say, “Good morning, Senator Hoagland, this is (your name), calling from (your city), an Ohio voter. — I’m very excited about SB 232, the “Veterinary Spay-Neuter” bill. I don’t see how anyone could oppose it because the bill gives veterinarians the option, not a mandate, to perform free spay-neuter in exchange for continuing education units.
It’s a win-win bill! I strongly urge you to call SB 232 to a sponsor hearing in the Senate Agriculture Committee. – Thank you.”